Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 28, 2013

First, let me say that I am dancing in the streets now that February is out the door.  Cabin fever is closing in on most days.  We've made it through this season with hardly even a cold, thankfully, so I can't complain that Levi started up with one this week and Matt and I are trying to fight it off.  Luke is Luke...he doesn't seem to be battling anything except his desire to crawl, walk, and eat a whole pizza.

So today found me with an emotional toddler who has been trying to push every boundary this week, including boundaries that have been well-established and respected for quite some time now.  At one point today I was crouched on the floor behind a closet door, near tears and praying and trying to dredge up my final vestige of patience.  Spring must come soon. If the windows were open at least the walls wouldn't look so thick.

No, I'm not depressed, it's just that the ebb and flow of a day with two little people who demand every shred of your attention is momentarily draining.  And then the baby goes down for a nap and there's a chance to snuggle on the couch with books and peace returns to the house.  Or the toddler is down for a nap and I can giggle with the baby. Or they both sleep and I can breathe deeply and turn on the radio and chop veggies and think for a few minutes.  These will all be even more enjoyable with the hum of lawn mowers in the background, the smell of grass and fresh air in the house, and the sound of the neighborhood kids playing.

I took the boys downtown a couple days ago to buy a birthday present for Levi's buddy Josiah.  Levi's been dying to go to Tip Toes and play with the Melissa and Doug play kitchen they have in the toy store downstairs.  There was a bit of disappointment when we found out they had closed the downstairs for the season. But the tree house on the main level sufficed. :)

 There's a toy drill he loves to play with in the tree house.


Luke dressed up and ready to go on our excursion.

There's a little kid shopping cart that he loves to fill with all the stuff he wants. Notice the truck theme.

Isn't he so cute????!!!!


I need to laud Youtube for free truck videos that provide momentary silence from the toddler monologue - which is cute and effervescent, and I will one day wish he would talk to me at all...buuut.....sometimes silence is just golden.  Here he watched a coast guard rescue which I admit was kind of dramatic but he liked it.

Renee was here one afternoon and she and I had a chance to get out for a couple hours and have lunch, ice cream, and walk downtown.  Without kids!! Thank you Nana Sarah!!!

Just had to capture lunch time drama today. I don't even remember what it was all about but he was mad about something.  He requested that huge pile of squash for lunch.

I'm doing a "demonstration" of making your own laundry detergent and hand sanitizer tomorrow night for ladies night at church.  Here's my little setup. I have to admit it's kind of cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment