Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 8, 2013

Sorry for the absence of posts this week.  I've been tired, and then I worked, and one night Luke actually went to bed a little early and we took the rare opportunity to chip away at our Lord of the Rings marathon. :)

Yesterday morning I was tired and a little stir-crazy, and I saw that the little sidewalk plow had gone by already, so I declared we were going for a walk.  "Mama needs EXERCISE!," Levi declares with a little too much emphasis.  Yet it's true.

I didn't realize until we were actually on the sidewalk how MUCH snow we had gotten overnight!!!  Not to worry, that is precisely why we have a stroller with off-road tires and hydraulic shocks.  Note to anyone who might be wondering what exactly to splurge on when they have a baby: a good double-electric breast pump, a good car seat, a kick-butt jogging stroller, and an Ergo carrier.  So although the sidewalks were well plowed, there were still some huge piles to blow through with the stroller, and we did so with much laughter and very little panache.






Then we played in the back yard.  I've been using the Radio Flyer gauge to determine how much snow we have vs. how much more we need (in my opinion).  If I can still see the wheels, we don't have nearly enough snow.  Granted, the only way I'd be fully pleased that we finally have enough snow is if the Radio Flyer is only a mound under the snow. :)  But this is close enough.  Better than last winter where I was still pulling Levi in it down the sidewalk.


(Note Molly prancing in the background.)

Molly comes to life in the snow.





And the boys:





No comments:

Post a Comment