Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4, 2013

Well on the heels of every perfect day is one that is a total dive, right?  Right.  Okay, so today wasn't a TOTAL dive, but it sure wasn't perfect either.  I suppose it was more of a normal day.  I made it into my yoga pants, that counts for something.

And guess what? I actually did YOGA in my yoga pants today, thereby settling the question, does anyone actually do yoga in their yoga pants?  I fed Luke around 5am, then did my Bible study and a yoga DVD, ate my breakfast and listened to Moody and enjoyed the quiet, got Levi up around 8 (he was totally soaked even thru his diaper - so spur-of-the-moment bath and stripping of linens and an extra load of laundry to wash all of his "friends"), chatted with him while he ate his breakfast and I did dinner prep, and got Luke up around 9.  Luke settled into his routine of four 45min naps today, which isn't my favorite form of a day because as soon as I get him down for his nap, it seems like he's up again. Oh well. At least he naps with little drama.

Levi forewent sleep during his nap in favor of yakking a mile a minute to himself, scratching something on the wall, jumping, and doing who knows what else that sounded like he was riding an elephant in his crib.  Somewhere in there I went in to tell him it was time for rest and found he needed a diaper change, during which he sang his ABC's so loudly that it woke up Luke. Deposit one boy in bed, withdraw the other. Remind #1 quite a bit later that it's time for rest, which is an unconvincing enterprise when #2 is screeching happily in the living room.  Finally deposit baby in bed, withdraw now-overly-emotional toddler who did give into sleep for about an hour or less, but is now heaving sobs for reasons I can't decipher.  End up with toddler conceding to rest on the couch while I make dinner, and baby is blessedly snoring again in his bed, now for an hour and a half.

Annnnnnd....cut.  Fast forward to bedtime where Luke put on a little more drama than usual and required a little more singing and dancing (literally) before his pleased-o-meter lit up and he gave in to snoring.  But hey, it gave me extra time to crouch by his bed and pray for our boys.

At least my day didn't involve tantrums, biting, toy-throwing, or other "usual" things that most moms deal with regularly.


Levi resting on the couch with his pillow and "Soft Doggy."





 I do have to say, every mom should have a kid who, nearly no matter what I put on the table, rushes to it yelling, "DINNER!!!!  MMMMMMMMMM!!!!" and leaps into his chair and folds his hands and waits patiently to pray.  Tonight was butternut squash soup and roasted veggies with rice, and he gobbled two bowls of soup and all of his veggies.  He knows how to make his mom feel good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment