Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3, 2013

I think the nearly-perfect day was had here.  I'm not sure Matt would call it perfect; I asked him to do a project that has been tabled for a few years, and it wasn't anything that absolutely needed to be done (obviously), but he did do it for me and I'm thrilled, but it was no picnic for him.  Well before we had kids we used to enjoy our Saturday mornings with breakfast at the Windmill or The Good Earth and then pick through the bogusly overpriced cottage-y antique-y store downtown.  We picked up an old window with Psalm 46:10 written on it ("Be still and know that I am God") and never hung it.  Matt put it up today in the perfect spot in our living room, but hanging a heavy object on old walls is no small feat.  So hats off to my sweet husband. :)


But what made it perfect is that we had no plans.  Sadly, we haven't been in church for several weeks either because of the holidays, my work, or the fact that horrifying degrees of illness have been lingering in the community and I'm not about to engrave an invitation for any of it to enter our house.  Especially not with a little baby in the house. Very soon we will return!

Anyway, here are some of the goings-on here today...

 

Matt and Levi hanging out and talking about what icons are on the computer.  Levi just rolled out of bed. I love footie jammies, don't you?



Matt built Levi a little fort.  Levi crawled thru it a couple times but the concept is still a little lost on him.



 

Levi and I went outside for a little bit today.  We shoveled, I showed him how to make snowballs, and he took a generous shovel-full of snow to throw on the car like Little Critter does in his book.  Yes, with his little pink plastic shovel he marched his little heap of snow into the garage and whipped it onto the Vue.



Levi's little Highlights magazine is the, well, highlight of his month so here he is perusing the latest one with Matt.

Wait...where is Luke amidst all of this?  He marathon-napped today. :)  Matt and I even got to pop a huge bowl of popcorn and watch the Lord of the Rings for a whole hour!!  Uninterrupted! It was divine!! And then tonight I did my grocery shopping and Meijer was practically empty!  I'm going to shop during the Superbowl EVERY year!!

So there you have it, folks.  The perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment