Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 13, 2013

When I took Levi to Bible study this morning and dropped him off in the nursery, his buddy Josiah bellowed, "LEVIIIIIII!" and ran to greet him.  The two of them were like two effervescent little ferrets as Josiah was trying to get Levi out of his jacket and they were jabbering to each other a mile a minute.  Then as soon as Levi's jacket was off, they both ran to opposite ends of the room: Josiah to the tractor he was playing on and Levi to the slide.  As Matt puts it, "In their own little boy way, that really meant something."  Cracks me up.

Levi has a Valentine's Day party on Friday - he has to bring his tricycle...any party that says to bring a bike is definitely worth our attention.  I baked some GF/DF sugar cookies so he'll have his own treats to bring - I recognize that I'll always have to send something at least as sexy as what's available at any party or event.  I dare to guess that if you tried my GF/DF sugar cookies, A) you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, and B) you'd sneak a couple extra when I wasn't looking.



Levi "helping" me frost cookies - he licked the frosting off the spoon and stuck it back in the bowl.  Hm.  Cue me making another batch of frosting.  (The expression on his face is him saying "cheeeeeeese...")



And the final result - some with frosting and sprinkles, some with what we will call "glaze" (because the impromptu remaking of frosting turned out a little runny), and some are plain.  The Valentines from Nana are a perfect backdrop!!  Thank you Nana!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok trying again I thought I posted this once
    So glad to see your cookies that look way cuter than mine wasn't sure I had enough and they aren't gluten free same size etc just look different

    Matt must be right because at lunch Josiah retold everything him and Levi did Levi played with his truck on table I drove tractor etc even when not playing together still watching out for each other

    ReplyDelete