Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013


Well remember how I week ago I said we were hitting our stride, and then joked that Luke would exact his revenge on us because I said that?

It wasn't a joke after all.

A week later, we are bleary-eyed and a little batty after a week of night wakings followed by an upper respiratory cold that left Luke sobbing like crazy if we laid him down in any manner.  I had barely slept all week so Matt stayed up with him on Friday night, and Luke wanted him to be *standing and walking* while he held him upright.  He IS the king, after all.  Matt packed him in the Ergo and stood with him - all night, in the dark, until about 6am when I got up.  It wasn't much better the following night, but I had picked up a shift on Sunday morning so Matt stayed up with him again.  He was much better last night and I got up with him for a feeding one time, and he needed a little more snuggling than normal to settle back to sleep, but it was far less drama.

So now we're digging out and I think we're on the upswing.  A lot of sinks full of hot water, steamy showers, breastmilk drops in the nose, and rosemary oil in the vaporizer.  If I've learned anything, it's that a few drops of rosemary essential oil in a vaporizer are a life saver.

Today was not my favorite day on record, but after dinner Levi dove onto Luke's play mat while I was cleaning up the kitchen, and next thing I know Luke is cracking UP.  Levi was next to him going, "Bah-bah-bah-bah - dadadadadadada - mamamamama -" like I always do and Luke was dying over it.  It made my day.  Levi's heart is so sweet on his brother, and it's fun to finally see Luke appreciate it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment