Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013

Not a terribly inspiring picture day.  I felt like I hit the lottery when I got both boys down for naps at the same time (which is happening more and more frequently, thankfully!), they both fell asleep right away, AND my housework was mostly done - so I got to lie on the couch and read a book for about an hour!!!  Such a luxury!



I've been begging Luke to roll over. He just doesn't really see the need.  He contorts his body and twists around and pushes himself around using his feet and pivoting on his head.  He's rolled both ways before, I've witnessed it, but only a handful of times.  I put him on his tummy, his back, toys out of reach, toys within reach, toys behind his head, anything to encourage him to roll.  Nope.  Welp, today I went upstairs to get him out of his crib...and it's pretty dark upstairs, so I always kind of reach out and feel for his cheeks to orient myself to where he is (let's face it, it's the biggest piece of real estate on him).  I reached out for his cheeks, and....found the back of a head.  He was on his tummy!!! BAHA!!!  Here I put him on the floor with feet of space on either side, and he can't bring himself to do it.  Put him in his (mini) crib, and he somehow finds enough space to roll over.  Hilarious.

We had his six month checkup on Friday.  He weighs 16lbs 12oz.  Which puts him in the 34th percentile.  He's in the 78th or something percentile for height.  But still....34th percentile for weight?  Seriously?  Luke's not exactly a teeny weeny.  How fat ARE the babies of America these days?


No comments:

Post a Comment