Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March 6, 2013

I get the Sticky Hands showcase today. :)

I went shopping, thank you.  Nana came to watch the babes during nap time and I went downtown to spend my Christmas money.  I got my wedding rings cleaned and bought a dress at the Outpost (I went for a Patagonia skirt that I had my eye on, and then swooned over a Horny Toad dress - there IS such a little beast by that very name - and since I love all of my HT dresses I had to add one more), and then I went to Gazelle for a new pair of running kicks.  It's been about three years since I bought running shoes and heavens, things have changed in the running shoe world.  I was a runner - a very serious runner - for a very long time, used to know exactly what brands and styles I liked.  Today I could barely even identify what brand was what.  And the colors are rather uproarious.

And then I went to JP's for a coffee smoothie. It was packed full of college students with all their shmancy electronics (I'd be curious how many of those kids actually forked over the cash for their shmancy electronics???).  Anyway, I felt tragically unhip.  Tragically.  There was NO place to sit, so I found a teeny corner to stuff myself and my recipe magazines and my mint-mocha-decaf-frozen-yogurt-smoothie and wondered when on earth I crossed the threshold from sort of cool to not at all.  There was one girl there wearing a very young baby in a Moby wrap, but she still looked young and fresh and cute.  I think Baby #2 is what pushed me over into being surprisingly content with hole-y mom jeans and showers every other day.

It was super-fun to be out on the town for a little bit, and now I'm actually writing this as I sit in my new dress AND shoes.  Because it makes me feel sporty and fun.  And I promised Renee I'd send her pics.


Blast it, Blogger, stop rotating my pics. Argh. I don't have time to fiddle around with it.


They are reddish-pink.  I really wanted the hot pink shoes with neon green laces, but these won for comfort.


Sorry, I look pretty roughed up after the past week.  Renee, I love the detailing under the neckline.  I think you need to buy this dress too.  It came in brown and coral as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment