Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2, 2013

I'm already breaking my own rule: post one picture. Because I have three.  I just couldn't pick.

Levi suddenly has a thing for lying on the couch.  Which is understandable: Matt and I call it the Couch of Death. Because, unlike the Thump of Death, it invites deep, deathlike sleep.  Off and on the past few days Levi will get up and take his pillow to the couch, neatly arrange it, ask for his blanket, send me to his room for a book ("Curious George!" or "The Critter one!") and chill.

 

I declared today a pajama day. Most days I will upgrade to a sophisticated pair of yoga pants and one of my three long-sleeve tshirts, but today was a pajama day.  Levi has a pair of truck jammies that he found at Carters and absolutely had to have (he wears footies to bed, these are two-piece) and those are reserved for jammie days.

He imitates everything - EVERYTHING - Matt does.  When Matt prays to himself before eating a snack, he closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose between his fingers, or rests the fingers of one hand on his eyebrow.  Levi will sit there watching him with his two little fingers resting in his eye.  Now when we pray all three of us will place our two fingers in our right eye...someday I gotta get a picture of that. It's really quite funny.

Today I heard Levi rummaging in the utensil drawer in the kitchen...then feet scampering to the bathroom, then clink-clink-clink on and off punctuated by silence.  This is what he was doing:



Shaving with the cheese slicer.  Love it.  (The clink-clink-clink was him tapping off the "razor" in the sink.  Of course.)

And finally - my three boys reading a book after dinner.

 

Luke is just his sweet self. He's very talkative, and an intriguing mix of peaceful and flexible and dramatic.  He'll wait contentedly in the background before feedings if I'm busy with something else.  But then he'll erupt at other times and stick his lower lip out so far I nearly need to dust it off.  There aren't as many pictures of him at times because most of my "photo-ops" happen when he's sleeping. He's catching up though.  He's a bossy little Gouveia. :)

I memorized Psalm 90:12 today: So teach us to number our days, that we may get a heart of wisdom.  That's partly why I'm doing this blog.  To slow down and number our days, to remember where we've been and carefully consider where we want to go.  My prayer each morning is for wisdom for my family, to be a student of my husband's and sons' hearts. 




2 comments:

  1. Thank You Jenny for keeping me up to date on what is happening. I love to see the bright faces and hear about the fun stuff you and the boys are doing. Tell Levi that Aunt Ecee loves him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it brightens your day!!! I WILL tell Levi that Ecee loves him - he loves you back!

      Delete