Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Janary 15, 2013

Well today turned out a whole lot better than I expected.  Luke started out having a very hard time pulling it together.  I prayed most of Philippians 4 over my day, took a deep breath and dove in.  Thankfully, I got housework done with him in the Ergo (note to anyone wondering if they should get one and if it's worth the price: if that thing cost a thousand dollars, it would still be worth every. single. penny), and by the time my reinforcement came (praise the Lord for Nana Sarah!), he was down for a nap and remained there for 2.5hrs...and I got my shower and lunch in.  He took another 2.5hr nap in the afternoon.  The poor baby comes unglued when he's tired, and I remember at this age Levi was the same way: it didn't take a whole lot to go from happy and having fun to being overstimulated and completely undone.  Many nights are spent sitting by the crib in the dark, barely daring to breathe, waiting for his breathing to slow into deep sleep.  These days will be gone in a flash and I'm grateful for those times in the dark spent in prayer for my little mighty warrior.

Levi was particularly fun today - just being himself, but the things that come out of his mouth each day make me roll.  Here we are having a popcorn picnic after his nap.



Here's what the kitchen looks like when we are both "cooking" at the same time:



And a family shot before dinner.  Looking at our 2012 photo album that recently came in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment