Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8, 2013

It was kind of a crummy day...not anything in particular, just one of those days where you may as well just hit a button of yourself saying stop-don't-no-stop-no-Levi-stop-don't...it seems like maybe one day a month he just needs to bust out and test every boundary.  Today was the day.  Tomorrow should be a whole lot more pleasant.

BUUUUUT - then I dusted off the ol' Bumbo seat and brought it upstairs.  Levi hardly used it because his cloth diaper butt always got stuck in it.  But Luke is holding his head better than Levi was at this age, so he's still "small" (heh...aheh) enough that even the cloth diaper butt doesn't get stuck yet.  Well Levi came in from another room and gasped in delight to see Luke sitting UP like a real boy by himself...and he brought out all of Luke's toys and set them around him, and then sat down to draw him a picture, and with a couple of his favorite books to read to Luke to celebrate.  It was the first time that I actually almost cried at seeing the two of them. Levi has always had a tender heart with Luke.



I've tried a few times to teach Levi his ABC's and he just wasn't ready to absorb it at all.  So I ditched it, but in the past couple of days I've just belted out singing the ABC's while I'm cleaning the house, when we're out for a walk, etc. I figure he'll soak it up at some point.  While I was making dinner tonight (and Levi was ransacking the cupboards to make "pizzi" - that's pizza), I was singing again, but this time I paused...and sure enough, a little voice behind me chimed in with the correct letter without missing a beat.  I sang a few more letters...paused...he chimed in again.  Again and again.  I daresay he's ready to learn his letters now.  Fun!

Luke gets a bath every night before bed.  If he doesn't get his warm bath he will start screeching (yes, screeching) until he does. After his bath all is well, he'll suck down his bottle and go to sleep.  I took the perfect picture of him tonight after his tubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment