Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1, 2013

 I really don't have time to sit here on the couch starting another blog; I'd far rather be asleep...BUUUUUT...my goal (not necessarily resolution, just goal) for the new year is to be more intentional about things.  One of those things being taking pictures and preserving memories. There are so many small and fleeting moments in the day that I want to treasure...others that I don't, but will later on.

I want to take a picture every day. Just one snapshot that sums up what I've been given for one fleeting turn of the earth.  And hopefully I can keep it up.

I'm keeping the blog public because...sometimes you just want to peek into someone else's house for a day.  We all see each other's mini vans parked in our driveways and garages, catch a quick peek of each other racing to the mailbox in the same yoga pants as the day before (if you were lucky enough to CHANGE into yoga pants)...but what's going on in there?  And it's a relief to know that we're all pretty much the same.

I probably won't always say a whole lot, this is actually more of a memory device for me, since I don't scrapbook and can hardly keep up with a baby book. It's not meant to be inspiring or deep.  I'll definitely post more on this blog than on God is Good. All the Time. but when I want to take an intellectual break - and have the time to do so - I'll keep posting there. This is just my nitty-gritty site.

So here I go. 


There we are. Levi loves to help me lately and among the many things on his list is doing "lounjy."  After dinner he started to put away my (yet unfolded) basket of towels, and then brought the whole pile in and dumped them on the floor and declared that he was building a house with them.

Sometimes I think I could build a house with my lounjy and surround it with a lounjy lawn and lounjy garden and piles of lounjy to shovel.

Luke is in a screechy phase right now where he is quite pleased with his state, and then quite suddenly displeased.  I know it will go as quickly as it came and the next new phase will settle in...if there's anything I learned from Levi as a baby, it's that if there was a phase I really didn't love it wouldn't last long...and if there was a phase I really DID love, it wouldn't last long either.  I got up at 0300 to feed him last night, and normally his night feedings are lickety-split.   Unfortunately, I  have a  mild cold, and I had to clear my throat several times.  This displeased him greatly and he screeched each time. I sat there trying NOT to clear my throat or cough, but there comes a point where it simply has to happen.  Clear throat - screech - clear throat - screech.  We both returned to our beds at 0345 and that was that, and fortunately he goes right back to sleep, where Levi at this age used to bang his legs on his mattress in what we came to call the Thump of Death...because it was the death of your ability to sleep, complete your current task, whatever.  Luke will wiggle his way to the end of his crib each night and the zipper on his sleep sack will clink against the slats.  The Clink of Death is far more understated, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment