Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 31, 2013

We had our darling friend Carinna over for dinner last night.  Luke got up a little early from his nap, so he watched me make hummus.  He was kind of eyeballing it so I gave him a little spoonful (funny enough, LEVI will hardly use utensils, but Luke is awesome with a spoon, as far as a baby can be awesome with a spoon).  As per usual, this was his initial reaction (I was NOT expecting him to love it whatsoever):


And then:


...and then he ate at least three more spoonfuls!!  Crack me up. You just never know.

Levi about crawled out of his skin with happiness when Carinna came. He was so excited to show her his bed.  Even Luke, who normally eyes people suspiciously and without expression for quite some time, broke into a coy smile when she came.  And he really hasn't seen her since he was a little-little baby.  Obviously she just has that aura about her. :)

Okay, so this picture isn't terribly convincing, but it made me laugh so hard that I had to post it.  I mean, just look at Luke's face.


Rainy morning this morning, break out the Legos.


Levi has some special toys just for 'project time' so he picked his new truck puzzles today to work on.  I was a little surprised, he really wanted to play with those puzzles, and he really grasped the concept of what to do with them.  It's funny what I think he'll love and be really good at, vs what he really does love and what he's good at.


BTW - Dad - that work bench is incredibly multi-purpose - it makes a project bench, puzzle table, desk, you name it!!!  It's the perfect size for everything!!

Genius product: Do a Dot paints!!  He loved them, and no mess.  Worth the $$.


He loves the play doh.  Funny because if you remember, just a few months ago I made play doh and he was laughably NOT into it.  He doesn't really 'make' anything with it, but loves to tear pieces off and serve me "food" in a bowl.


We read about elephants, and I also found an incredible book called "Empty Pot" by Demi.  I don't normally get terribly geeked about kid books, but was really impressed with this one.  It's an old Chinese story and drew very well on the principles of humility and honesty.  I also loved the fact that the illustrations were of ancient China, so it was a fun way to introduce a little bit of history and culture.  So if you're usually on the lookout for a good kid's book, there's my plug du jour.

Luke LOVES Molly.  Levi is not a huge fan of Molly, and the other day I was watching videos of him at Luke's age, and even THEN he delighted in picking on Molly.  :/  Luke makes a word/sound that sounds *somewhat* like he is trying to say "Molly," and I wouldn't be surprised if that was his first word.  I'm not certain if the affection is mutual, but she is SUCH a good dog, she tolerates a lot of being climbed on, having little fingers gouged in her eyes, and ear-pulling, and never comes close to retaliating.

I tried to catch him mid-climb but only caught the descent.

1 comment: