Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 24, 2013

Our Glory Baby would have been three today.  Wow.  How the time has flown.

We met with friends at the park today - one of my friends moved away a few years ago when I was pregnant with Levi, and she was in town today with her baby.  In the past three years we all went from no kids, several miscarriages between the handful of us, to a fairly nice pile of babies/kids (eight! and one on the way!) all around.  

Luke and Elliot (oh my word Erinn, I can't ever remember if it's one 't' or two, sorry).  Luke's got a signature scrunchy-nose look.


 

Levi played with his buddy Jack like it was his job (well, technically I suppose it IS his job), and when we got home he bolted from the car to his bed and pretty much swan-dove into it.  Luke was pretty close behind.

This morning Levi was watching our resident bunny in the back yard.  Luke was a little frustrated that he couldn't see out the window. I checked on them again and Luke had solved his problem.



I got Levi hooked on Bob the Builder - I'm trying to steer him away from Thomas the Tank Engine from time to time because honestly, those engines are crabby, rude, and full of themselves!  So he watched Bob for a bit while I packed our picnic.  Then we sat down and worked on a 'help the loader find the Legos' maze (he wanted to watch me do it and I had him direct me where to go).  I did a quick little lesson on lines while we did our maze.  Then he wanted to cut with scissors a little bit (he does a two-handed technique, oh well).  Finally we played a game with his bath letters, blocks, and dump trucks where the 'boss' was giving orders for the building site for certain colors, shapes, and letters.  He LOVED playing it and got really into it. :)

Playing with our maze


Dumping letters on our building site
 











No comments:

Post a Comment