Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013

We got to have Josiah here again today. :)  Mary and I trade each month to have a morning to ourselves to run errands or just take the time to relax and spend time alone.  Today was her turn. The bruvvers were crazy-excited to see each other again.  Even Luke was happy to hang out with them for a while.


Josiah brought Dum-dum suckers for a treat (aunt Mary always sends a "lummy" snack - Levi's word).  I know I've said before that Josiah is a chomper and Levi's a licker, but it is absolutely hysterical watching these two eat their suckers.  Josiah has the wrapper torn off his and the sucker bitten in half before Levi's even gotten his wrapper off.  He's chewing the other half and running downstairs to play before Levi's tongue even makes contact with his sucker.  Levi sits and licks and licks and licks and licks...runs to the bathroom and asks me to pick him up so he can look at his blue tongue...then runs back to the kitchen and licks some more...makes another trip to the bathroom...licks....hands it to me now that it's about the size of a raindrop, so he can go down and play with Josiah and return to lick it some more...I texted Mary and said that the way the boys eat their suckers is directly metaphorical for how they approach life.  Levi will always be a methodical licker.  Josiah will always be a go-for-the-gusto chomper.  And they will always balance each other out. :)

We enjoyed the glorious sunshine outside.  My parents came this weekend and Matt and my dad built these two beautamous 4x8 raised beds that we will use for vegetable gardens.  The post holes still need to be dug so they look like they're standing on little stilts right now.  Levi had a blast "working with his guys."

Blowing bubbles with Josiah.  I had to ref a few arguments this morning and had to give more than a few reminders that we love our friends more than  we love our stuff.  And remind Levi, like the bird says in Big Dog, Little Dog - "Why make big problems out of little problems?"  Unfortunately, every problem in a toddler's world is a big problem.


I read on my friend's blog about how they went away for the weekend and forgot her little guy's hat, so they tied a bandana on his head.  What a great idea!!! It was so adorable, I had to try it on Luke.  I nearly ate him up right then and there.



 Levi made me "delicious soup" this afternoon.  He kept spooning me bites of it and telling me it had mangoes, frozen booberries, and "delicious ingredients."  It was most definitely delicious.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment