Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

Man, I'm really, REALLY flunking at this 'posting daily' thing.  It might have something to do with the fact that I'm spending most of my time chasing runny noses.  I strongly suspect that what the boys have had is RSV, which would explain why I'm going thru nearly a box of kleenex a day. Luke sounds like a boiling pot of stew, has a harsh, croup-y cough (but does not have croup, thankfully), and I can't keep up with his nose.  On Friday it looked like his face was melting off - he had the teary eyes, booger fangs, AND drool fangs from teething.  His face was pale and blotchy and I really have never seen such a pitiful sight. It really was sad.  I finally got him napping in the Ergo, and just as he fell asleep, Levi woke up from his nap. I stood there in the living room like, well shewt. 

This is from Friday morning right before Luke's face started to melt off. Levi grabbed a washcloth so I could 'wipe his sticky hands' (I really do wipe sticky hands!!), and this is where I found it.



Apparently Soft Doggie was under the weather, too.  Levi dressed him in jammies and put him on the couch for a nap and read books to him.

 

 My stethescope has been lying around because I've been keeping close watch on Luke's lung sounds.  Levi can't say 'stethescope' so he just calls it my "thingie."  "Mama, I put your thingie on the steps!"  I tried to teach him to say stethescope, but he just said, "I can't say that.  I'll call it thingie instead."

We made it out to play with some neighbors this afternoon.  I love that Levi is old enough to get out and play with other kids - it'll sure make me feel a little more connected with our neighborhood this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment