Thursday, April 25, 2013

April 25, 2013

I took Levi to the swim house yesterday again, this time to play in the Splash Zone.  Mary brought Josiah so the boys could play together.  Last year when I brought Levi to the pool he clung to me like a barnacle. This time he didn't cling to me - he wasn't exactly belly-flopping off the top of the water slide, but he did his usual perusal of the premises, taking in all the details, and then deciding what he felt safe doing and picking a couple of out-on-a-limb things to do as well (like spray me with one of the hoses).  Mary and I were laughing about how opposite Levi and Josiah are (Josiah's the one belly-flopping off the water slide)...and how that'll play out when they're older.  Josiah will want to do something really adventurous, and Levi will be the practical one who will tell him, "Um, dude, you might wanna rethink that..."

The funny thing is, they both get so excited to see each other, then they play in opposite ends of the pool (like always), and then talk for the next week about how fun it was to play together, and when are they doing it again?

Luke is feeling better.  I'm down to going through half a box of kleenex a day instead of a whole one.  I embraced motherhood a little more deeply today when (sorry, this is so gross) I laid Luke down for a nap, realized he badly needed his nose wiped, and when I had absolutely nothing to wipe him with, I just swiped it all off with my fingers and wiped it on my (hole-in-the-knee) mom jeans.  And later met friends for coffee in the same jeans (and do-rag and almost no makeup).

What have I become?!

Thankfully, I laid Luke down last night around 7:30, and he barely moved a muscle until close to 6am.  I fed him and put him back down and he slept until after 9.  I paid for it when he took only 30-40min naps today, but I'd rather have that than 2am feeds.

Levi sits down at the dinner table lately and says, "So. I had a fun day at work."  I'll ask, "Oh really!  What did you do?"  He says, "I got to work and there was a BIG stack of newspapers by the door.  So I picked them up and delivered them."

Today he told me about how "Skunky" (the skunk that sprayed Molly several months ago, he's become quite the legacy and is woven into every story Levi makes up on a daily basis) showed him how to change the oil on the lawn mower.  Now if this skunk would clean up the spray-spots he made on the back of the garage, I might truly be impressed.

Blurry but cute pic of Luke.  So good to see his smile back. :)

Levi made "soup" (a bowl of water) for Luke yesterday.  Luke was hungry and actually quite amenable to being fed spoonfuls of water.


The price of a great night's sleep is not so much of it during the day.  Sorry baby - no nap means you help mama make dinner!  If we were more graceful he'd be on my back, but I haven't figured out how to do that solo yet. (Oh my word look at all those egg cartons on the counter!! Think we need to run to the store sometime soon to return them???)


A little hard to make dinner when I have a baby staring at me the whole time. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment