Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August 28, 2013

Well, thankfully today was a new day.  Crummy naps prevailed yesterday, and I am still forever grateful for the blessed Ergo.  Strapped that baby on and kept making dinner.  You can tell we are both tired.  Luke just tilted his head back and watched me, this little expressionless bullfrog face inches from my chin staring up at me as I cut veggies.  It was partly cute and partly disconcerting.


I WISH this picture had turned out better, but blast it, my camera makes any source of light look like a white explosion.  Josiah was here yesterday morning...and...well...the following picture says it all:


Right before Mary came back the boys were helping me pick up the toys (and they were actually doing a very good job of it), when the appeal of having too much fun was more than they could bear.  They hopped into Levi's bed to "take a nap" and they were laughing SO HARD with each other I just let them be and finished cleaning up the living room.  I was just happy that they were, of their own volition, semi confined and occupied. :)



The other day Levi wanted me to swaddle him "like a bee-bee" as he would say.  I'm NOT into his acting-like-a-baby getup, but sometimes I do tease him exaggeratedly, like cradle him and sing Rock-a-Bye-Baby, and when the cradle "drops" I throw him on the bed, and he erupts in hysterical laughter.  So I swaddled him and then we cracked up about it.  As I'm taking the picture he's saying, "Look at me! I'm in my sleep sack!"


We DID end up calling his bluff the other night and served him baby food for dinner. At first he thought it was funny and cute and was all for it...and then three bites in (which Matt fed him, yes, like a baby) he started to cry and didn't want to be a baby anymore.  Heh.

This morning was much better.  Scrambled Egg Super for breakfast...


Read books to George to apologize to him for throwing him in the corner...


...and work on fun block cars again.


Blessed Nana came and watched the boys while I went to the health food store, the library, the farmer's market, and downtown.  Nap time returned today, thankfully, and both boys took nice long ones for the first time this week.  Luke is cutting a couple teeth and is on the verge of walking and is babbling more (babbling has taken a back seat to movement most of his life), so I think he's flirting with a 12-month sleep regression.  And still getting over a cold.  Several drops of lavender oil in a vaporizer seemed to do the trick for him and made the house smell wonderful. :)  Peace reigned again for an afternoon.



2 comments:

  1. Praise The Lord for peace!!! I love how much fun they are having so happy!!! First sleepover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture of Luke looks like Levi. It is the first time I have seen that!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete