Friday, August 23, 2013

August 23, 2013

Nothing terribly exciting to report!!!  Luke took his first keester-over-elbows tumble down the (very steep and most certainly not up to code) steps yesterday morning.  I heard the thumping, Matt bellowing, "BABY DOWN!" followed by Luke sprawled face-down at the bottom of the steps. :(  He sobbed, and then wriggled down and crawled on top of the time-out chair, which is almost equally perilous.


I took Levi for a haircut yesterday and he nearly had the lady in stitches with his little quips.  I was talking with our neighbor today, who has a little almost 2-year-old girl, and Levi's all, "So does she cry a lot? Do you guys get good sleep?"  Clearly he can tell what kinds of questions we ask each other when we talk with other parents!!! LOL  Then he interjected, "Did you know that Meijer has GREAT toys?"

I came out of the bathroom yesterday to hear Luke grunting like he was reaching for something. I found him perched, stuck, on the edge of the laundry basket.  I made him wait there while I snapped a few pictures, and I don't think this pleased him very much.


A rare moment of the boys actually playing together without drama (from the big brother end, that is).  Levi's fire chief jacket is dazzling, isn't it?


We wrapped up our "I" week by eating Italian (lasagna), pulling out my flute to learn about instruments, and reading a ton of books.  This morning we pulled out Levi's 'special cars' (part of his collection of toys that he can only play with during school time or whatever you want to call it)..they're called Automoblox and are these great wooden cars that pull apart into several pieces and are interchangable.  So we deconstructed the cars and I had him pretend he was a mechanic putting them back together, and then we test-raced them. :)  

 

We are very weary of the regression behavior that Levi exhibits when Luke is around.  It's very maddening and frustrating. I know he's doing it for attention (oddly, he gets way more attention than Luke does simply because Luke sleeps more), but it's still irritating.  When he crawls, I make him get up and return to where he started and walk the whole way.  I refuse to acknowledge his whining.  All that.  This morning I started calling his bluff and asked if he really wants me to treat him like a baby.  Because hey man, I can pull out all the stops and treat you like a baby.  And I would.  I can feed him puree and carry him wherever we go outside instead of letting him ride his trike, and put him down for a nap in the morning, and give him a bottle for a snack after nap time. I didn't tell him all that, but he still thought about it for a few beats when I asked if he really wants to be treated like a baby, and said, "Ummm...no."  I kind of would like the opportunity to do all that; he's a sharp kid - he'd get the point pretty quickly!!! Muahahaha.  But, I'm a nice mom too.  I tell him that I love Levi for Levi and I want him to act like Levi. I want Luke to act like Luke and Levi to act like Levi.*sigh* It's all a phase.

Work this weekend.  Boy time!! Pray for Matt. ;) He rocks it, but it's definitely not easy being Mr. Mom for 13 hours in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment