Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21, 2013

Another catch-up post. 

Last week we went to Helder Park in Zeeland to meet some friends...and seriously, this is the best park ever.  Levi had a riot.  So many slides and things to climb.



 

Luke got to have some hang time with his almost-birthday-buddy.  My friend Erinn and I bawled in each other's arms when we miscarried at the same time...and then we ended up having our first boys about four weeks apart...and then we had our second boys one day apart. :)


The gardens get filled!!! Levi was SO excited to see the dump truck come to deliver the dirt, he said, "I need a dump truck like that!"  He could not WAIT to dig in the dirt and move it to the beds.


On the last day of lessons at the swim house, I told Levi that if he could wear the life jacket without crying and with a good attitude, he could have a treat.  He picked going to his favorite store, Tip Toes (because Skunky lives in the treehouse there and they could bake brownies together).  So on Saturday morning we went to JP's for snacks first, and then to Tip Toes.  There's a Doug & Melissa play kitchen in the toy store downstairs, which he absolutely loves. :)
 


Finally planted the garden on Saturday!!  I'm a cheater, I buy starts at the farmer's market instead of growing from seed.  Hey man, I'm not above having someone else do the hard part.
 

We've got beans and cukes in the bed by the garage, and squash, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, oregano, lavender, watermelons, and a pumpkin in the beds.  I may need to transfer some of those squash and zucchini to the other bed.  Or I will have a tangled mess in a couple months.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment